There comes a point in the life of every married couple when The Change must happen. No, not that Change. Ideally, this Change should happen more than just one time. I'm speaking of the Change where used toothbrushes are exchanged for new ones. Around here, The Change usually goes something like this:
Me, after I've thrown out the old toothbrushes, unwrapped the new ones, and placed them in the toothbrush holder: OK, yours is the orange one, mine is the green.
We brush our teeth. The next day . . .
Me, as I'm brushing my teeth: What color did I say my toothbruth was?
Seth: Green.
Me: Really? I thought yours was green.
Seth: No, you said mine was orange.
Me: I'm pretty sure I said yours was the green one, since I was thinking that it would be easy to remember because your eyes are green.
Seth: So that means your eyes are orange?
Me: No, it just means your eyes are green. So . . . I'm using your toothbrush then?
Seth: Yes.
Me: Oh. Why didn't you tell me?
Seth: How many times do you need to be told?
Me: A lot. Do you have any communicable diseases?
Seth: Tuberculosis and leprosy last time I checked.
Me: When was the last you checked?
Seth: Yesterday.
I'm not sure why it's so difficult for me to remember which toothbrush I've assigned to whom. And if you're thinking, "Why doesn't she just change one toothbrush at a time?", the problem would still be the same. I'd forget if I'd changed Seth's or mine.
At any rate, since I've been dealing with some kind of virus for the past two weeks and seem to finally be on the mend, I figured that now would be a good time for The Change to happen. We shall see what tomorrow brings . . . .
3 comments:
Typhoid Stacia and the killer toothbrush. Stay well Seth!
Why don't you label your toothbrushes? just a thought. :-)
Or...you could keep your toothbrushes in assigned spaces. You probably don't need anyone to draw a line with permanent marker across the middle of your cute little toothbrush holder and label each side with your initials though.
Here is what I do...all people are assigned a color. Pink and blue respectively for the lady & man of the house. The kids each have other their own colors (in smaller sizers of red, green & blue) which also applies to water cups in the house. When we need new toothbrushes, I always buy the same colors.
I don't think you should have trouble remembering yours is pink (if nothing else, for your lovely pink eyes;) & Seth's is blue. And when the dentist gives out free toothbrushes, I only accept the appropriate colors.
Rose
Post a Comment