I didn't find much.
There was the general information on the Williams syndrome site about WS and there were several blogs by families in the throes of raising a child with WS and there were several somewhat depressing videos and articles about what life as an adult with Williams syndrome looked like, but little that offered a bit of hope that I could hold onto and aim toward with Kieran.
Over the past few years, there have been a few more newsy articles on older people with WS and I've been able to make friends on Facebook with a few older folks who have WS. But I've been wanting something more.
And so, a few months ago, I started another (public*) blog, "Life with Williams Syndrome." I've mainly been reposting things from here about Kieran and WS on there (changing his name) but I've been thinking lately that I wanted to open it up to others to share their experiences -- both those with WS and parents of those with WS. And I've contacted a few people whom I hope will share there, and I've also been chatting with a few gals with WS and posting the transcripts (with their permission) on the site. Real life stories that offer an encouraging glimpse of the fulfilling lives those with WS can lead by God's grace.
So, if you have the inclination and the desire, you're welcome to check it out and follow along as I find more people to share their journeys.
(The boys relaxing in the new double stroller as I take them for a morning stroll down the lane.)
No comments:
Post a Comment